Doing The Most Good During COVID-19 Pandemic
During this time of crisis, The Salvation Army is still helping those in the Buffalo Community that need it most. Those who need food, shelter, personal care items and most importantly, Hope.
- Our Food Pantry at 960 Main Street is still open providing food to those in need on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9-1 p.m.
- Emergency Shelter is providing a safe and clean environment for our families. Providing activities, games and crafts for our families to do while they are social distancing.
- Our Temple Corps is providing an additional 113 meals to those in need in the community. This equals 25 bags of food from their food pantry!
- Our Kensington Corps is doing free bread giveaways in addition to their food pantry thanks to the generosity of our friends at Wegmans. Our Kensington Corps has assisted an additional 81 families since the beginning of this pandemic.
- Continuing to serve pre-packed meals twice weekly to those in need in Downtown Buffalo through our Street Feed program.
- We are still serving our first responders who are keeping Buffalo safe during the COVID-19 Pandemic including fire fighters, EMT’s and police officers.
- Our Pathway of Hope case manager Cheryl has been working one-on-one with her clients to make sure they have the supplies they need including clothing, food, and activity books for children to do while they are at home practicing social distancing.
- Even though our Golden Age Center is closed, we are still providing them with groceries and personal care items as well as checking in with them to make sure they have everything they need.
In partnership with other local organizations, like FeedMore WNY and General Mills, we can assist those in our community with new services like:
- Providing breakfast for the 85-100 individuals staying at the Code 19 Shelter in the Flickinger Center with the help of General Mills.
- Providing a weekly mobile food pantry with the help of FeedMore WNY to those in need on the West-side of Buffalo on Wednesdays alternating between Public School 131 – Academy Middle School and at the West Side Community Services, 161 Vermont Street, Buffalo NY 14213.
- This Wednesday, April 15th we will be serving food at the West Side Community Services located at 161 Vermont Street in Buffalo.
In a socially distant world, the need to stay connected is stronger than ever. There are several ways you can help those who need it most in the Buffalo community:
- Donate food, personal care items and hygiene products to our 960 Main Street location for those visiting our food pantry.
- Host a Facebook Fundraiser – did you know that just $250 provides 25 bags of food for our food pantry? Or that $100 provides breakfast to 100 people staying in a shelter?
- Provide games, activities and crafts for our families self-isolating in our Emergency Family Shelter.
- Purchase items from our Registry for Good through Walmart – items donated through this registry allow us to continue providing support through our Emergency Disaster Services program, Emergency Shelter and food pantry.